Saturday, August 1, 2015

Happy Anniversary!

Thursday, July 30th marked exactly one month since I went vegan and as of today, August 1st, I'm down a total of 8lbs without even really trying. Woohoo!!! It's hard to believe that it's already been that long. 

Looking back over the past month and all the little victories I realize there's something that has been a huge help that I've neglected to mention. Of course the grace of God is a given, His continued blessings in my life never cease to amaze me. However I specifically want to acknowledge my brother and sister.

Aaron, Jennifer and I made this change together. We have continued to research veganism and to encourage each other in our lifestyle change throughout the past few weeks, learning more and more every day about how to better ourselves and our environment through our choices. There's still so much more to learn, but we've come a long way. I know that the ease of my transition has been greatly due to their support. Beyond that I'm extremely proud of them and their progress on this journey so far. They've each lost more than 10lbs too!

So tonight, in celebration of our one month "vega-versary" as my brother calls it, we are making vegan burritos and watching one of our old family favorites, "What About Bob?"

Here's to the rest of the journey ahead and many more "vega-versaries" :)


P.S. I promise next week's blog post will be longer ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment